Wednesday 13 November 2013

giddy up

Its the RACE THAT STOPS A NATION! "Melbourne Cup", whether you love to have a punt or just dress up...this is the day to do it! 

My two best girlfriends and I knew we wanted to celebrate the Melbourne Cup but couldn't quite decide how, we ended up booking a Luncheon at a local bar, Elysium Lakeside. It suited us perfectly being close to home and its a venue we have had many a good time at. 

It was a fabulous day {although I drank FAR too much champagne}, the food was nice, the weather was great and we even had a couple of small wins on the sweeps. Here are some pics of the day, you will probably notice how much Chelsea, Kerryn and I love to dress up and somehow we always end up unknowingly wearing co-ordinated colours/outfits. lol


A quick snap before we left home.

Jas and I at Elysium.

My brother and Kerryn (one of my bestfriends & his fiance)

Chelsea and the youngest of her 4 boys, Baby Harry.

Kerryn looking amazing at 35 weeks with her 5th baby on the way.

I adore these girls. xx


Chels and I were thoroughly enjoying our bubbles...

I am apologizing now Chelsea for topping up our glasses every 5 minutes! haha



My lunch.

Chelsea and her win on the sweeps.

Chelsea, Kerryn and I were given a prize for the best dresses on the day.

Corona's for the boys.


Harry and his Dad Brian having some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment